Dec 14, 2008

Hazel's spring vacation - 2008

This past May 2008, I participated in an art show in Staunton, VA.
We decided to extend the journey down the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway and into the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee for the opportunity to get some new photos.
Hazel had a great time vacationing, and the following pictures are some of her adventures!
Click on any picture to see it enlarged.



First stop on my adventure, Gettysburg PA



I think they went this way!


I don't see anything, do you?


Oh my goodness! I've found a camp!


Shhhhhh..........
I must hide so as not to be captured!



Gettysburg was fun!


Yeah! The mountains!
This is gonna be an adventure!



Mom says this area is called Big Meadows.
I wonder how long it would take me to run across it!


Look at me! I'm rock climbing in the mountains!
Well, kind of.


What a great name, but where's the ridge?


Mom, can we go for a walk!
Pretty please!


What a view!


Whew! All this adventuring is making me tired!


A new day and another adventure begins!


This is my new friend, park ranger "Steve"!


What pretty flowers.
Where are the Rocks?


Is it lunch time yet!


Do you see what I see!
A deer at Peaks of Otter in VA


I'm guessing this is why they're called the Blue Ridge Mountains!


Mabry Mills on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
I need to get a closer look at this working grist mill!


Hey, I think I see a duck!


Welcome to North Carolina!


What a pretty day. I think I just saw a butterfly!


Are you sure this is safe Mom?


OK, I will if you will Mom. Let's go!


WOW! That was actually quite fun!
(I'm glad Mom was with me though!)


Mmmmmm, don't forget to stop and smell the flowers!
(and eat a few when no ones looking!)


I think my ears just popped!


This is the last mile marker of the Blue Ridge Parkway!


Where's the smoke?


I can have one paw in Tennessee and one in North Carolina!
How Cool!


This was an awesome place to stay in Townsend, TN. Very cozy and rustic with a front door, a back door AND a creek to splash in!


I'm ready to hit the road again! Let's get going!


One of our last stops before heading back north to the art show in Staunton, VA was the Christy Mission in Del Rio, TN. It was very hot and I would have rather been swimming, but Mom and Dad wanted to see this place because there's a novel about it and the story used to be a TV series. I think it looked better on TV then it did in real life!
Where's the watering hole?

Hope you've enjoyed my adventures! I can't wait to have more!



No comments: