Dec 21, 2008

2008 ACC National - Fitchburg, MA

The American Chesapeake Club held their annual national show this year in Fitchburg, MA the week of October 9-12 .
The weather was absolutely beautiful every day, the food at the dinners was delicious, it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones, and the dogs competing in the various classes were outstanding!
Sincere congratulations to all the winners in all the classes.


Hazel participated in the confirmation classes, rally obedience, regular obedience and the working certificate program. I didn't get any decent pictures of her in the confirmation classes and her behavior was nothing to write home about anyway. But then again I'm not much of a handler when it comes to the breed ring so I can't blame it all on her.
Posted below are some pictures of her in the performance events, along with her thoughts on each event! Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazel and I participated in the Novice B Rally Obedience
class,
and although Hazel did great, I screwed up and missed a station causing us to NQ!
Yet Hazel, being the forgiving, happy go lucky soul that she is, couldn't have cared less!
She thought I did as great as she did!


Rally is fun 'cause Mom talks to me
and tells me how WONDERFUL I am!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National was Hazel's debut in the regular Obedience
(Novice B) Class.
I was a bit jittery, but she seemed to be
having fun
(perhaps a little too much fun at times).
After a few harrowing "attention deficit" moments, she
managed to hold it together and qualified with a score of
188 to earn her first leg!



Mom, why does this man keep following us around?



Don't I look calm and relaxed?
Actually I was about ready to jump out of my skin!
3 minutes is WAAAAY too long to lay still,
when there's so many other things to be doing!
(Not to mention that Mom kept STARING at me - creepy!)



Mom is really proud for some reason.
She says it's because I earned a "leg" towards my CD title, whatever that is.
I think it's actually because I'm so pretty in my festive Halloween party collar!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Working Dog (WD) tests were held on Sunday.
Again, the weather was absolutely beautiful and although I always get nervous about where the bird might land or what other unforeseen circumstances might arise, Hazel did wonderfully and earned her Chesapeake Club WD title.


This is WAY more fun than the obedience and confirmation stuff!


YaaHooooooooooooo!!!
I love this part!


Wish I had grabbed this thing by the body instead of just a wing!



I'm coming Mom!



Oh boy, water, I love water!




Got it!
But I think I swallowed some water




Hazel and her brother Hunter

One of the best parts of the national was that one of my brothers came to visit and cheer me on as I participated in the WD.
He lives in New Hampshire now and I miss him a little. I wanted to give him a kiss, but he wasn't into that mushy sister stuff!



No comments: