Jan 4, 2009

First Rally-O show of 2009!


This past weekend (Jan 3 & 4, 2009), Hazel traveled to Syracuse, NY to attend the Bare Bones Winter Trial put on by the Syracuse Obedience Training Club.
The weekend started with some good old fashioned fun in the snow at home, before making the two hour drive to the show.
The show went well, and she earned two legs towards her Novice Rally title!
Although we really need to work on her "paying attention" in the ring (to me - not to all the other things that are going on), I was still pleased with her respectable scores of 95 and 96.
After two very long days, Hazel seemed quite happy to be back home relaxing with her chew bone and then dozing on the couch. While I was planning our venture next weekend to Fitchburg, MA for a breed confirmation show!


Frozen drool-cicles!
How cool!




The elusive frisbee, a rare species
only seen after I've gone potty!
(I think Mom has something to do with that!)



Hey, where'd it go, come back here!



I think I've got it!



Boy, it's putting up quite a fight!



Ahhhhhhhh, the thrill of victory!



I really like trying to catch the frisbee in mid-air, it makes me feel like I'm flying!



Frisbee cam



Frisbee cam - 2



Well, here we are at the show and it's almost
"show time"!
I thought it would be nice to pay attention to Mom
for a moment or two outside the ring.



Notice now how I'm not paying any attention to her!
(Hee Hee, that really bugs her)
I just can't help myself, there's SO many things to look at!



Moving down?
That seems kinda silly, don't you think?
Sometimes I think Mom is making these things up.



Yeah! We qualified!
(I'm pretty sure that means I get a treat now!)



Finally back at home!
While Mom relaxes with a glass of wine -
give me a bone or two (or five).




Sweet dreams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW You Guys - looking great!! Congratulations to Your success!

(Though I'm pretty sure both of you had the most fun in the snow and afterwards on the couch;)

Take care,

Anja & Joey

Alicia said...

Hey Auntie Shell!! I love your Blog, all the pictures of Hazel are quite adorable. I especially love the puppy pictures - they make my heart melt. Good luck with the competitions, and I cant wait to see more pictures.

<3 Your Niece, Alicia